Sunday, November 27, 2011

It's Beginning to Look Like Christmas

I was wondering if I'd have the energy or gumption to actually drag out the decorations and tree to decorate this weekend. We've decorated the tree on Thanksgiving weekend as long as I can remember. But, for some reason, I wasn't in the mood.

Then I had the unexpected opportunity to spend some time with my granddaughter, and we decorated the tree together. It was fun. She's nine and very smart and very helpful. The tree looks like it did last year, white with butterflies and stars. It's not quite finished yet. We got hungry and quit right before it the final finishing touches.

We went to Alamo Cafe for dinner, and I got the chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes/gravy and broccoli. I shared some of the steak with Katie because she got the child's nachos, which wasn't enough to satisfy a nine-year-old girl. She and my son ate several tortillas, and I ate lots of tortilla chips and salsa. I've discovered that tortilla chips and salsa aren't allergens, so I indulge. I shouldn't. BUT, when I felt satisfied (actually, full, not stuffed), I stopped and took the leftovers home.

It dawned on me this morning that I should have had the waitress bring a to-go container with the meal so I could put half in the box before I started. I know they preach that at WW meetings all the time, but it's not a good idea until it's your idea. Right?

I'm excited because my walking buddy is considering joining Spectrum. She belongs to a women's club right now, and it doesn't have half the amenities Spectrum has. The hours are not as convenient, the staff isn't as helpful, they don't furnish towels, and the one in our neighborhood doesn't have a pool. But Spectrum does. The pool is my favorite part.

I don't know what I'm going to do today. I'd like to rearrange the garage and bring some of the books I have out there into the library. Maybe I'll just veg.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home