Friday, November 25, 2011

Exercising a Woman's Perogative

Once again, I'm changing what this blog is about. The Grandparent's Legacy was too private to put online. Not for me, but for anyone I might mention. Lots of people have problems with putting themselves "out there." I don't. Maybe I have the need to be recognized or to have someone pay attention to me.

Anyway, I'm back on the journey to 135! I joined a gym (Spectrum) in September, but I only went sporadically. I discovered the waterworks class and thoroughly enjoyed it. But, before I knew it, I was watching TV and wasting my time again. Jim Rohn said that watching TV costs $40,000 a year. Even though that number is high, it's an eye opener. It doesn't cost just the amount you pay for a TV and the cable bill, it costs in the lost time. If you make $20 an hour and sit in front of the TV for 4 hours a night, it costs $29,200 a year. What an eye opener! So, I talked my son into joining the gym too. I'm hoping we'll go together. I plan to go every day except Thursday and Friday.

I went yesterday (Thanksgiving) and worked out in the pool for a hour. I used the boogie board and dumb bells following some of the exercises I learned in the waterworks class. Then I'd swim a roundtrip lap and get back into swimming. It was fun. I'm a little sore today. That means I did some good. I can't wait to go back today.

I read lots of Weight Watchers tips about how to handle the food for Thanksgiving. I was prepared. I planned to use a small plate and fill it with vegetables first and only the good things that I can't have regularly.

Well, it didn't happen that way. I sat down to a table already set with paper plates, and the table was so full of food that we just started dishing it out to each other and passing what we could. Before I knew it, I was stuffed and that's when I realized I'd filled and eaten every thing on my large plate. Bad time to remember that I was going to start small.

The good thing is I didn't eat the sweet potatoes, only because they were never passed around. I didn't eat things I'm allergic to like the green bean casserole or the corn. I did eat the 9-Layer salad I made with cabbage and fresh vegetables and the dressing I made with whole wheat double fiber bread. My brother-in-law puts an apple in both ends of the turkey while he roasts it, and I ate the baked apples. So I had those 2 fruits. I had a small slice of the pecan pie, 2 mini cupcakes, and a slice of a carrot roll (sort of a log with carrot cake and cream cheese filling -- yum). I brought some turkey and pumpkin pie home with our leftovers. Then later last night I ate a small slice of apple pie and 3 helpings of the salad. The good news is that I didn't gain weight yesterday.

Today I've been picking at the dressing, and I had a small slice of pumpkin pie along with several cups of coffee. I'm in my waterworks clothes, smelling the chlorine, ready to go. My son didn't sleep well Wednesday night, so he's making up for it today. I may not wait much longer for him to go to the gym. Now that I think of it, there's a class at 10:30 during the week, so I'll either have to hall buns to join the class or wait until after to do it on my own. I'm watching a movie about Barbara Mandrell.

My son and I went to the gym and I worked out in the pool for an hour again. I really work my arms, holding in my tummy. I can feel I'm working out my abs and obliques. They need the work as much as anything.

I'll also be blogging in my Personal Development blog as I start the Jim Rohn One-Year Personal Development Program again. Please join me there.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home