Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Happy Birthday!

Today is my daughter's 32nd birthday! How can that be? I'm only 26! She was born less than an hour and half before her dad's birthday. She was due Feb. 27, and she was born March 11. I was so overdue that everyone around me was nervous. They wanted me to sit and rest. My boss finally told me to go home and not come back until my maternity leave was over.

My dad always celebrated anniversaries of his 39th birthday. When I turned 40, I commented that I was catching up with him. His reply - "You done passed me up!" He was 20 when I was born, and my sister was born a year later.

My mom and dad gave us had an awesome childhood, living in a very small town where everyone knew everyone and their families. Heck, I was probably related to most of the town. My mom grew up in Selma, and my dad, although he was a city boy before marrying my mom, became a part of the community in a very short time. He drove the little Borden truck that delivered milk house to house, so he got to know everyone!

My daughter is 32 with 2 adorable boys. In a way, she's following in my footsteps. I had her when I was 29 and my son when I was 31, both 2 to 3 months before my birthday.

I remember my mom saying that being a grandmother was the best job in the world, and I heartily agree!!!
There was a time when my daughter told me I could spoil the kids, but she's changing her mind. She said it takes too long to undo what an hour or 2 of spoiling does.

I can't disagree - she's an awesome mom. And her husband is an awesome dad. I couldn't be prouder.

My daughter's dad, my ex, celebrates his birthday tomorrow. He'll be the big 65!!! We'll celebrate both birthdays tomorrow.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home