Friday, July 23, 2010

Weight Loss Journey, Working on my Why

Well, I deserve how I felt when I woke up. BLOATED! I had a hard time putting on my rings this morning, and they were so tight, I couldn't get them off! Now, is that how someone on a weight reduction plan is supposed to feel? NO! So, why do I do what I do?

Years of conditioning? Years of self sabotage by an inner voice that's stronger than my will power? Darren Hardy says to work on my Why Power so it'll be there when my will power fails.

So, what is my why power? Why do I want to lose weight? I obviously need to remind myself more often:
To look good.
To feel good.
To get off the blood pressure and cholesterol meds.
So I don't start developing other problems that start because of weight.
So I can touch my toes without moaning and groaning.
To feel sexy again.
So I can put on a swimsuit again (currently, I won't even put one on, much less wear one in public).
So I can be more agile and physically fit (as opposed to physically phffft).

If you can think of other reasons to be at my perfect weight, please remind me.

I read in Judith Beck's Weight Loss Workbook this morning that refusing to eat food that won't help me lose weight should be automatic like brushing my teeth, washing my face, taking a bath. I should say "NO CHOICE" when something like Church's chicken with honey biscuits call my name. I also read about deceiving myself. I need to read this one again, because I can't remember what I read.

I fixed Beef Stroganoff for the first time this evening. It was so filling that I wasn't tempted to eat anything else except 2 peppermints. It was filling, but tasteless. And it was a lot of work! The kitchen was hot and full of dirty dishes! If I do it again, I'll have to make sure I have Worchestershire Sauce. The bottle I had probably had a sell by date of 1993! I chose to skip it. Maybe I could have substituted low-sodium soy sauce.

Food:
Grilled mozzarella cheese sandwich with dry whole wheat bread
small Gala apple
1 can black-eyed peas (straight out of the can)
1 pkg WW Multigrain crisps
1 vending machine pkg of salted peanuts
serving of Beef Stroganoff with No Yolk egg noodles
15 green grapes
1 med. peanut butter cup
2 peppermints

Exercise:
Walked two miles after work

Extras:
Listened to Belleruth Naparstek.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home