Monday, March 8, 2010

Back at Work

I don't mind telling you, I was exhausted after my vacation. Saturday evening when I left, I said good-bye to my friend and wished her a good trip home. My TV was on the blink, so I set the alarm on my cell and crashed.

The alarm went off way too early, so I reset it (or so I thought). But, my ever-hard-working guardian angel woke me up in time to get ready and get to church on time, almost to the minute!

I'm back at work today, and it's difficult to get started. My computer was sickly the week before my vacation, and our tech reconfigured and reloaded it last week. Now I have to "personalize" it from top to bottom. Everything I'd set up to make my job easier and faster is gone. I'm not complaining, just stating the facts. It is nice to have a computer that works like a new one. He did a great job! And I even have newer versions of some of the applications!

And I have LOTS of email. Some personal (not very much because I checked my email periodically while on vacation), some junk, and lots of emails that were taken care of while I was gone. I still have to open them to make sure they are things I DON'T have to take care of ;O).

It's good to get away from the office for a week. Vacations are good, but they can be trying sometimes. I spent way too much money, and I ate too many great meals. The only exercise I got last week was shopping and going into restaurants. But it was fun! And I bought gifts for family instead of things for myself this time.

I've been working since late December to lose weight, and boy, did I backslide last week! All the things I'd learned through my Weight Loss Group, Weight Watchers, and Wellness @ Work were nowhere to be found. 50+ years of bad habits haven't gone away in a couple of months; I still have lots of hard work to do. As a matter of fact, one of the things I should be doing is moving. Here I am during my lunch hour, typing in my blog instead of moving. So, I'll pop in my Bhangra CD and dance.

Catch you later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home